PR Manager based in Berlin
Bookboot is an online secondhand bookstore, through which more than 200,000 secondhand books are monthly sold. We are currently the 10th fastest-growing tech startup in CEE, we operate in 4 markets (CZ, SK, AT, and DE) and we´ve become a lovebrand to our customers. Last year we had a turnover of over EUR 12 mil, 63 % more than the previous year. We are currently establishing ourselves in Germany and Austria. See what our customers in DE/AT think about us or read about us in the media.
We are currently looking for a skilled PR Manager with a love for books and circular economy.
- Independently develop consumer PR strategy, formulate and execute ideas, drive consumer-facing advertising campaigns
- Manage relationships with PR agencies in Germany and Austria and provide them with meaningful content related to Bookbot, books & reading, and circularity.
- Raise awareness of the Bookbot brand in the AT/DE markets
- Highlight the benefits of switching to circular books
- Build Bookbot's presence as a thought leader on all topics related to circularity and books
- Represent Bookbot publicly through interviews, statements, social media, TV, and support our leadership in their media interactions, acting as the public face of Bookbot.
- Build relationships with key social media influencers (100,000+ followers)
- Help organize key public events in line with the PR and branding strategy
- You are based in Berlin.
- 4+ years of experience in public relations and communication.
- Experience with managing PR agencies.
- Exceptional storyteller and concise communicator, with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay calm under pressure.
- Creative self-starter, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the work done.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in global teams is a plus.
- Knowledge and interest in the books and circular economy and/or technology industry, and/or high-growth environment is a plus.
- Native German and fluent English.
What we offer
- There are 6 people in our expansion team, the team leader Eva Sabolová, Marketing Specialist Livia Čadová, and 4 other people.
- We are growth hackers in a super fast-paced environment, everything changes all the time. We are driven to give a second life to millions of books every year.
- We offer you the freedom to structure your working day and the opportunity to implement your ideas
- Full-time collaboration.
- Opportunity to have a major impact on book sustainability in Germany and Austria.
- Individual professional training (according to your needs)
- 5 extra vacation days after 1 year and 10 days after 2 years of cooperation.
Do you want to bring sustainability with us to the book industry in Germany, Austria, and later to the whole of Europe? We'd love to hear from you!